Saturday 5 November 2011

6. Open forms

Straight away comes the apology for the fact that I didn't upload my thoughts on sonnet. As all of you know I went to Scotland and although it was a productive trip it was also quite disturbing in some way. I will still come back to sonnet but first I want to share with you my recent poem which is an expression of precisely the kind of thing I want to write. All the references in the text are used self consciously and with determination. Because most of the times you find real poems lying inside of other people and the only thing you as a writer has to do, is to channel that voice. I could supply here the list of references but I think it is quite pointless, since everyone probably would like to discover them for themselves. Let me just say thanks to Roisin for 'rooms spread across the city' because that idea had never left me since. I also have a photo which shows the real World's End Close in Edinburgh. The poem is called 'sometimes'

It was The Day
Rooms spread across the city
Contagious, white, dangerous, pure
We leaped the time
Today, its twentieth first century
Today we don’t talk
No more
We guess each other
According to the transmission,
Appropriation and development
It’s not contextual
We game
Do not unplug
Unfeel, pause, connected, reach
Grab, open, share, I am you
We don’t sleep
This time is fake and upsetting
Let us progress, from frame into frame
The war of mind and window
We watch
But no one sees the video
Meet me at the World’s End Close
I will unravel you
In a way, I am all the people
I morph into you
A being with no self
Understanding follows recognition
Form follows function
In your case, you deserve
An invitation, at least
Your life is upsetting
Do it for the sake of humanity
Fuck you man

No comments:

Post a Comment